The Church Finds Its Voice: Engaging in Our Communities
Why is it so important to engage in our communities?
Being in a community can have its challenges because of our different set of beliefs and values but knowing how to steward what God has given us to do properly helps us come together as a community and achieve a successful civic stewardship.
Without civic stewardship, we cannot establish a strong community and apply God-given commandments. God wants us to bear the burdens alongside of us and help each other out (Galatians 6:2) and has given us the commandment to love Him and others (Luke 10:25-37).
What is one significant way we can show our love for God? Serving Him by serving others.
Let’s take the initiative!
God has authority over everything and there are people governing our country who are not fighting the good fight but making things worse. As Christians, what can we do?
- We can be the ones fighting the good fight (Matthew 5:16) and play a vital role in the elections by encouraging people to vote for biblical principles.
- Prioritize voting and voting registration in Church
- Be strong in our beliefs and generous in our outreach to the city
- A night of worship + prayer (pray, fast, celebrate and repeat)
The Leader who portrayed civic stewardship: Jesus – The image of a true Leader!
Characteristics Jesus has that showed civic stewardship:
- Loved to serve
- Humbled Himself
- Gathered 12 disciples to preach the gospel and to this day instructs us on how to live faithful to Him and steward what He has given to us faithfully.
As John 21:25 says, Jesus has done far more than we could ever know or understand.
Some Bible Character who portrayed Civic Stewardship:
-Esther: asked the people to fast because of her pleading with the king for all the lives of the Jews.
-Nehemiah: Cared for the people and their situation (Nehemiah 2:17)
-David: Committed, dedicated, and faithful to God.
These people did not achieve success alone, but with people, most specifically God Himself. They were diligent to obey God’s Word and apply His word in their lives.
Verses to know about the Importance of community :
“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”